Delivery & Returns
Purchasing from Shire Garden Machines Ltd the following T&C’s apply:
- Delivery is included for most products on the GB mainland, except for Isle of Wight, Offshore Islands and some areas in Scotland (principally but not exclusively postcodes KW, PA, IV, and PH although some AB and other postcodes may be included).
- To these areas there is a delivery charge of £24.00 (inclusive of VAT) for ALL garden machinery products except very heavy items such as tractors, ride on lawnmowers etc (mainly pallet deliveries) which start from £48.00 depending on your postcode and the size of the pallet. Prices available on application. Please contact us at email@example.com for a quotation.
- Please feel free to contact us on 01380 721575 should you require confirmation of any extra delivery costs to areas in Scotland or not on the mainland i.e. Isle of Wight or any Offshore Island.
- We will not deliver any items to Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Eire, or Europe.
- We offer a secure means of ordering and paying for your products via this site. All online credit card payments are secured through a Secure Server Layer to protect your data. Our servers are rigorously tested to the meet PCIDSS (Payment Card Information Data Security Standard) criteria.
- Alternatively, you can order and pay by telephone (01380 721575) or pay by cheque (made payable to Shire Garden Machines Ltd).
- We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods you order before your order can be accepted. Our acceptance of your order will bring into existence a legally binding contract between us. Acceptance will occur on either the debiting of your credit card or the clearance of your cheque. A contract will not affect your statutory rights
- A good majority of goods are kept in stock, and we aim to deliver your order within 1- 2 working days. If the item is out of stock, we will keep you informed of any major delays.
- Shire Garden Machines Ltd shall not be held liable for any delays in delivering goods, nor shall they be held liable for delays caused to customers work commitments due to your order not arriving on time.
- Shire Garden Machines Ltd shall not be liable to customers for charges for hire of alternate machinery or labor. Shire Garden Machines Ltd will not be liable for compensation of any kind due to late delivery of machinery or failure of machinery or damage to property from delivery.
- Delivery of products is usually 1-2 days from receipt of order and clearance of payment. Delivery of tractors is usually 3 - 7 working days after receipt of order.
- Products will be dispatched to your preferred address directly from our distributors. A detailed receipt, together with a copy of the credit card payment receipt, will be posted separately to you.
- Orders placed through this website by 12 noon, will be dispatched the same working day (or on a Monday for weekend orders), subject to stock availability.
- You will receive an email letting you know your order has been dispatched on a next working day service, we will also try to contact you by phone to discuss the delivery. Once your order has been dispatched, the delivery will be attempted twice on consecutive days. If the carriers need to try a third attempt, you may be liable for a re-delivery charge.
- We usually use a courier service to deliver larger items, which normally requires a signature. If you are likely to be out when our delivery is due you may enter delivery instructions, such as, ‘please leave with neighbor’ or ‘please leave parcel in porch’, in the order notes as you check out. However, if you do instruct for goods to be left on your property (such as, in the porch or shed) while you are out, the courier will be unable to get a signature, so this is at your own risk.
Some items are too large and/or heavy for delivery by courier (such as, Lawnmowers ride-on mowers, Shredders etc) and must be delivered on a pallet. We offer this service free of charge to the certain local areas and at a cost in others. Unfortunately, there are a few areas around the UK that we are unable to deliver to. Please call for shipping rates for your destination
Please note you must be on site for pallet delivery and the item can only be delivered on to hard standing. We will contact you to arrange your pallet delivery, to find a delivery date to suit you and to ensure there is adequate access to site and suitable hard standing for delivery
For our full delivery Terms and Conditions, please see www.shiregardenmachines/about/terms/
*Most items, that are in stock at the point of the order being placed, are delivered between 1 and 3 days. We guarantee to dispatch in stock items as soon as we possibly can, with an aim for next working day delivery, we cannot guarantee against factors beyond our control, (such as) courier delivery failures, bad weather conditions and supplier stock issues.
Local delivery area
We will be using our own transport for deliveries of bulky goods in areas where your post code is local to us.
Spare and Replacement Parts Orders
- Parts advice and orders can only be researched based on the information supplied by the customer. It is the customers responsibility to check that all the information provided is correct, make/ model/type /code for the specific machine in question.
- Special Order spare parts are supplied on a non-returnable basis. No refunds can be given for parts that have been ordered specially for the customer which ultimately turn out to be incorrect.
- A Special Order is when the customer has provided the details, description and /or part number themselves.
- All garden machinery products carry the appropriate manufacturers' warranties. Warranty information displayed in our online catalogue applies to DOMESTIC use of products. For COMMERCIAL use, different warranties usually apply - please enquire for details.
Returns & Refunds
A machine that has been purchased from ourselves that is no longer required, you must notify us within 30 days, the machine can then be returned for a refund. There are charges for the initial delivery and collection plus we have a 10% restocking fee.
We do have to charge for the return of the goods unless the item was delivered in error or is defective.
If the product has been used and returned during the 30-day period, the amount of the refund will depend on the item’s condition and on any damage from use, cosmetic or otherwise.
Should you need to, please return items in the original packaging. If they are not, and other packaging and collection services are needed, you must pay the extra costs.
We send out refunds as soon as possible but no later than 14 days of us agreeing to your refund providing your goods are returned to us. You are responsible for looking after the product until we collect it. The same applies if you want to bring it back to us yourself.
If you need further advice or help, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone to discuss any issues you may have. 01380 721575
General Data Protection Regulation
- Shire Garden Machines Ltd may collect the following information for the processing and despatch of orders. Your name, address and contact information including email address and telephone number. We will not send marketing emails or newsletters unless specifically asked for. The data will be used for the purpose of fulfilling orders, answering queries, ensuring the security of the website, and ordering system, and for the prevention and detection of fraud.
- Shire Garden Machines Ltd, will ask for certain information when you buy a product, create an account, or use our website at shiregardenmachines.co.uk. We may collect the following information about you: your name, address and contact information including email address and telephone number, and technical information such as your IP address, browser information, and operating system.
- Shire Garden Machines Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy and collect only the information that is submitted at the time of ordering or enquiring about our goods and services or through browsing our website.
- The personal information that we collect about you will be used only for the purposes of fulfilling orders and answering enquiries. We do not send marketing emails or newsletters. Consumers' personal details are handled and stored securely by Shire Garden Machines Ltd. Such details will never be passed to third parties nor be used by us to send you marketing material.
- Technical information may also be processed for the purposes of ensuring the security of the website and ordering system, and for the detection and prevention of fraud. This may involve sharing technical information with third parties, where we will seek to share only the minimum detail necessary to administer our website and services.
- Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser from our Web Server. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files that may have been created from other sites. The Shire Garden Machines website utilizes cookies as a means of providing personal features for our customers and to improve our website.
- You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser's help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as in tended.
- Shire Garden Machines Ltd: We are committed to providing a high standard of customer service and satisfaction. If you have any concerns or complaints about our products or services, please contact James Giles by Email email@example.com or by telephone on 01380 721575 during business hours Monday to Friday.
- We will endeavour to address and respond to complaints and concerns within 2 working days. Customers will be kept fully informed on the progress of resolving complaints.
Web Site Security:
- We use SSL security (128-bit encryption) for the ordering process on our web site. Hence, ordering goods via our web site is totally secure so that consumers' personal information and transactions remain confidential and cannot be interfered with.
- If you have any concerns or questions about the security of our site, please contact James Giles by Email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01380 721575 during business hours Monday to Friday. Disclaimer:
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Shire Garden Machines Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website you can link to other websites which are not under the control of Shire Garden Machines Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Shire Garden Machines Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.