The Stiga Tornado 398 Hydrostatic Drive Lawn Tractor.Designed for side discharging the grass clippings or with the optional cover attached will chop the cuttings into a fine mulch.
The Stiga Tornado 398 Lawn Tractor, combines push-button blade-engagement with an ideally positioned cutting-height selection lever, a raised soft-grip steering-wheel and an adjustable high-back seat.
It’s fitted with a pivoting front axle that ensures a consistent finish on undulating terrain; and it benefits from a manoeuvrability-optimising hydrostatic drive that gives you smooth, ground-speed control with no need to stop and manually shift gear.
Twin anti-scalp gauge-wheels work to stop turf-marking when manoeuvring on inclines; while a hosepipe fixture-point means you’ll have no trouble getting rid of corrosive, performance-inhibiting debris from the underside of the deck.
The substantial wide-profile rear tyres on the Tornado 398 offer the ideal compromise between surface-gentleness and high-grip traction.
Other features include a safety contact-breaker that prevents start-up when the driver’s seat is vacant; a cup-holder for on-hand refreshment; twin headlamps for safe poor-light mowing; and a handy mow-in-reverse function.
Designed for areas up to 8000m2.
- A mulch- and side-discharge-capable tractor – ideal if you don’t want to bag grass
- At home on both long-grass areas and well-maintained lawns
- Foot-pedal hydro-drive provides smooth, instinctive speed control
- High-performance Stiga engine with an emission-cutting and fuel-saving OHV design
- Straightforward electric key starter
- Multi-position height-of-cut adjustment - adapt to the grass-length
- Deck-wash facility makes the removal of clumped clippings simple
- Comfortable light-touch steering and ergonomic high-back seat
- Contact-breaker on the driver’s seat for optimum user-safety
- Large-diameter drive-wheels will prove gentle on delicate surfaces
- Capacious fuel-tank for long, uninterrupted runs
- Twin headlamps for safe mowing in low-light conditions
- Cup holder - keep your refreshment of choice directly to hand
- Roomy storage compartment
- Mulch-kit and tow-hitch offered as optional accessories
|Number of Cylinders||1|
|Engine Model||ST 450 Powered by STIGA|
|Cutting Method||Side discharge|
|Cutting Width||98 cm|
|Cutting height adjustment||Manual with lever|
|Cutting height positions||7 positions|
|Cutting height range||25 - 80 mm|
|Blade engagement type||Electric|
|Number of blades||2|
|Front wheel size||15x6.00-6|
|Rear wheel size||18x8.50-8|